Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Weekly(ish) Update

I know I haven't done one of these in a while, but first I was on vacation, then honestly, there wasn't much to tell.  We're seeing a bit more of a slowdown, as is normal for this point in an expansion cycle.  It's going to get worse before it gets better, especially if we see a release date, or at least indications of it, within the next couple of weeks.  I predict we will, but there's really no way of knowing until it happens.

So, without any further delays, let's get right into the meat of the post.  First, this week's liquid gold summary.

As you can see, yes, it's an increase from my last update, but not by that much.  Part of that is the general economic slowdown, yes, but part of that's also me.  I've stopped cancelling, I'll generally post twice a day, I'll only restock once a day.  That's not to say I'm not preparing.  Alts have been getting leveled, professions in order, Midsummer fires visited (more on that in a later post).  It's just not the sort of thing that immediately shows up in my gold total.

Next, this week's MySales items:

There's only really one thing new to note this week, the emergence of Enchant Weapon - Agility into the mix.  Keep in mind, this is not the Cataclysm agility enchant, but rather the Vanilla +15 agility enchant, notable because it's useable on heirlooms.  I had gotten this enchant and its two-handed equivalent about a month ago, but this is the first week they've really started selling.  Another one actually sold as I was writing this post, making it the highest single item for the week.

Both Vanilla agility weapon enchants come from Timbermaw reputation.  Timbermaw rep gains have been drastically increased in Cata, and it shouldn't take more than an hour at the most to unlock the recipes.  The only slight snag is that both take Essence of Air, and on many servers you'd be lucky to even see this on the AH.  If you can find Essence of Water, Magnus Frostwake outside Scholomance sells a recipe to transmute it to air.  Keep in mind, though, that this shares the daily transmute cooldown with all your other big transmutes, including Truegold and Living Elements.  Your other option is to go farming Dust Stormers in Silithus.  A pain, yes, but arguably worth it in the end.

Overall, I think this shows us that at least some people are getting their ducks in a row for leveling a monk in MoP.  I fully expect sales of these and other heirloom enchants to increase as we get closer to release, and certainly for the first few weeks afterward.

Stay tuned, as I plan on hopefully getting back into the swing of blogging this week.  The next post will likely be some information and personal perspective of the Midsummer Fire Festival.  Until then, good night and good gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment