Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hello and Welcome

Hello to all of you out there in internet land!  I'm Tailswish, and today I'd like to introduce you to my new blog, Swishco Ventures, a blog about making gold in World of Warcraft.  In what I hope will be the first of many posts, I'll give you a little information on myself, and I'll let you know why I decided to start this blog (not to mention what I plan to do with it).

First, a little about me.  My name comes from my main in WoW, a level 85 tauren druid by the name of Tailswish.  She's been my main since the start of Cataclysm, when I switched from my mage because my new guild needed a tank.  I play Horde side pretty much exclusively, although I do have two Alliance alts on a second account, in case I want to dip my toe in the arbitrage pool.  Unlike many, my main is also my banker, so for better or worse, many people on my server know who I am.





 Gold making is a relatively new thing for me.  I generally wasn't someone with a huge stockpile of gold, but I usually wasn't broke, either, and in early Cata, I was one of the ones buying BoEs at 20-30k, just for my own personal use.  And for a while, that was enough, as I think it is for the vast majority of the WoW population.

That all changed, though, around Christmas time 2011.  I'd been raiding with my 10-man group since the start of Cata, and they'd all become good friends in the process.  I wanted to do something special, so I bought each of them a pet.  Not just any pets would do for my raid group, though, especially since a couple of them were pet collectors.  No, most of them got Argent Tournament pets, and our raid leader even got a Hyacinth Macaw (thankfully, I managed to snag it for 10k at the time from the Alliance side AH).

All those things cost gold, and saving and farming just weren't enough.  For the first time, I started researching and doing things to actively make gold.  At the time, it was mostly just the Elementium Shuffle, but it was still something.  It was fascinating discovering how much information was out there, and before long, I started a competition with my partner to see which of us could reach gold cap first (neither of us has yet).

So if there's all this information out there already, why am I entering the fray?  And why now, of all times?  Well, I missed out on the 4.2 rush and most of the 4.3 rush.  The longer Cataclysm goes on in its "lame duck" period, the more server economies tend to wither, my own included.  Many bloggers have either stopped posting as much, or focus on stockpiling and preparing for Mists of Pandaria.

But you know what?  I'm still making gold.  Maybe not as much, and maybe I have to work a little harder at it, but I'm always looking for more opportunities.  I may not revolutionize the world, but I'll share with all of you some of my process, and hopefully you'll find something you can use.

So, give me a peek every now and then, while you're waiting for a Cancel scan or AFK crafting.  It's certainly more fun than getting something done around the house.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome! I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you! Welcome from me too :) Had a quick skim through later posts, looking good & added you to my blogroll - I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete