Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Where I am and where I want to be

Welcome back, gold enthusiasts!  It's Tuesday, the start of another wonderful week of WoW.  Normally, this is probably when I'd post my sales for the week, but I haven't had MySales installed for a full week yet, so that will have to wait until next week.

This week, then, seems a good time to give a little more information about myself.  I already gave a bit of a look at how I got started with this whole crazy business, but today I'd like to share where I am right now, and where I hope to be going forward.

When I started out, just after Christmas 2011, I was at perhaps a couple of thousand gold, certainly no more.  I'd spent all the rest as soon as I could make it on the pets for my raid group.  Now, I'm currently sitting at about 375k.  That's not as much progress as some people in the gold-making community have made in five months, but I think it's fairly decent

Taken before today's mat shopping, so it'll go down before it goes up.  I also took a rare day off from the AH yesterday, so the session numbers are skewed.


That's the wonderful thing about the gold-making community in WoW:  your progress and your success is your own individual accomplishment.  Someone may congratulate you on getting to the top especially fast, but no one thinks any less of you if you take longer than someone else.  Every milestone is celebrated, regardless of how long it took to get there.

And what milestones do I want to hit?  Well, 500k first, though at the rate I'm going, that shouldn't be too much longer.  After that, I want gold cap, sooner or later.  Hopefully sooner, as it looks like my partner's starting to get serious about our little competition again.

When that's all said and done, I'm not sure what I want.  I've heard rumors that the gold cap may be increased for MoP, so that's a new goal if it happens.  Other than that, I suppose I want enough that I can buy anything I want and still be at gold cap (or close enough that I can get back there easily enough).  That's actually a surprisingly tall order, given all the TCG mounts and such out there, not to mention the upcoming Black Market Auction House.  So maybe 2 million will be the goal?  I don't know, but short of a very unexpected windfall, it's not exactly a decision I have to make tomorrow.

Hopefully, you all know me a little better now.  Where is everyone else at right now?  Do you have a particular goal you're trying to hit?  Let us know in the comments.

Until next time, good night and good gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment